Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tiny but Elegant Half Bath




Hi! I hope everyone is having a great week.  My little man has been sick since Saturday.  I am home with him today so I am enjoying some leisurely blogging time.  I have also been cleaning and organizing in the house.  It's sounds so silly but I love to just hang out at home.  Each week on Friday someone will invariably  ask what my plans are for the weekend.  My usual answer is "just hanging out at home".  My husband works on Saturday so Seth and I love to sleep late, run errands and just be together.  In sports seasons the day will include games, but for the most part, I truly enjoy just being a homebody! 

Today as I cleaned and planned for dinner, I snapped a few pics of our half bath to share with you.  It is quite tiny, but I think it is just darling! I don't have a "before" picture - you will just have to imagine a plain khaki bathroom.  Before we moved in we had the builder change the color (most things were in place before we made an offer on the house) to a warm golden yellow.  We added a mirror and some other decorations and the room was complete.  I've debated about adding something above the commode, but since the room is so small, I didn't want to overdo it with regard to decorations.  I love the group of four pictures and the "girly" chandelier!  Simple and Elegant!! 


Hope you have a wonderful week!  The weather is gorgeous here today - a little glimpse into Spring!  Thanks for visiting!!

I fell in love with these pictures when I saw them at one of my favorite stores in Ocean Springs, MS. 


Simple pedestal sink :-)

Candles make any room warm and cozy. 

I love the chandelier!


This little plaque was a bargain at Hobby Lobby! 

Close up of one of the pictures.  I call them
"Fat Women on Bicycles with Dogs"! 
\
Another one of the ladies...

Jon just loves to hang pictures in groups of four.... not!  He is a good sport! 


Extra toiletries on hand for guests. 

I am linking to Kim's Wow Us Wednesday Party at www.savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com  Come join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. You have a very pretty little bathroom. Thanks for sharing. I love looking at pics of other people's home and getting ideas. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bathroom and that chandelier is stunning! I'm visiting from Kim's party and I'm now your newest follower! Come by and visit us sometime if you get a chance. :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    Just wanted to say Hi and tell you I have enjoyed browsing your blog. We are so very similar. I love so many of the same things you do that are listed in your profile.
    And when I saw the picture of your precious Mom. She sounded so much like mine.
    My mom was an amazing cook!
    She also was a seamstress and cake decorator. You name it, she could do it! :)
    Aren't mothers amazing?!
    I love my mom a year and a half ago to cancer and I miss her everyday.
    Your mom's chess pie looks delish too. I love chess pie. I will have to try this!
    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, at the beginning I must honestly confess: it is a pity that you abandoned this blog. Your posts, about interior design and improvements, inspired me to renovate my bathroom. I even sent this entry to my company (https://thehomeexpert.uk/offer/bathrooms) and they managed to do something quite similar. This article was a great help for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa