When we bought the dining room furniture after Katrina we knew eventually we would recover the chairs, but at that point, we just wanted to get furniture and get back in a home. I bought some fabric and put it in the closet. I didn't think it would take us four years to complete this simple chore. Oh well, they are now finished and so pretty!
I had originally planned to cover all the chairs in the same pattern, however, when Jon and I started the project I decided to use some fabric that I had bought to make pillows with to cover the "end" chairs and the original fabric to cover the side chairs. I thought it would add interest to the room if the chairs were covered in different material. Jon did most of the work, which is a blessing because he is such a perfectionist - the stripes on the chenille fabric were not a problem for him at all! I am so happy with the way the chairs turned out!
Here is a "before" picture. Blah and boring!
This is "after" of the end chair. I love the design on the fabric.
I wish the colors would show better in this close-up.
I definitely need a better camera!
This is an "after" of the side chairs. The fabric is a
nubby chenille that is red and gold/khaki. The texture is fabulous.
The dining room as it looks right now. I am ready to transform it from
somewhat "blah" to beautiful with a spring tablescape!
I am linking to Kim's Boring to Better Party at http://www.savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/ Come on over and join the fun!