Tuesday, October 23, 2012

White Chocolate Bread Pudding


Recently I shared this recipe when I guest posted for Barbara at Chase the Star.  It is so yummy that, of course, I had to share it here too! 

This is a recipe that I dearly love: White Chocolate Bread Pudding.  It is a favorite in our family.  It is decadent and delicious.  It is not like bread pudding recipes that you may have heard of in the past.... this has no rum or raisins!!  It is filled with butter, heavy cream and white chocolate!  Pure deliciousness!!! Is that a word?  If not, it should be!!  I promise your family will ask for it for birthdays and other special occasions.  It is the perfect finish to your Sunday lunch or would totally make your average weekday dinner rock!  Trust me - it is that good!  I hope you enjoy it! 


White Chocolate Bread Pudding

1 loaf French bread
2 c. whipping cream
2 c. milk
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter (divided)
2 tsp vanilla
4 oz. white chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar
cinnamon and granulated sugar
6 T. water

Butter 9 X 13 pan.  Cut bread into small cubes and place in pan.

Mix eggs and sugar, add 1 tsp. vanilla, whipping cream and milk and pour over bread. 



Cut 1/2 stick of butter into thin slices and dot over the top.  Sprinkle a little granulated sugar and cinnamon over the top and refrigerate overnight.  (Note:  I always skip this part.  I make it and bake it immediately and it comes out perfect every time.  What can I say?  Patience is not one of my strengths.)

Bake at 350 degrees about 40 minutes or until lightly browned. 

Sauce: Melt 1 stick butter w/ 4 ounces of white chocolate chips over low heat.  

Add 1 tsp. vanilla, 6 tablespoons of water and 1 cup powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.  

Pour over individual portions or entire dish. 


There you have it - pure love on a plate!!  Who wouldn't flip for this warm, buttery, "white chocolatey" goodness?  I hope you enjoy it as much as our family does!  

This week I am linking to the following parties:





Lisa

1 comments:

  1. Looks yummy Lisa! I hope you will make another batch soon to share with your sweet co-workers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa