Thursday, November 28, 2013

Fall into Thanksgiving

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope your day has been full of family, friends, food, and football!!
We stayed home this year for Thanksgiving.  It has been a wonderful day!!

I have had my fall tablescape in place since about mid September. I tweaked it yesterday to make it perfect for Thanksgiving.  Here are a few pictures:

For the early fall, I used simple white dishes that go with everything!   

The striped napkins are actually hand towels that I folded to serve as a napkin.  
I loved the blue and brown stripes for fall.  Of course, I had to use my plush pumpkins.  

The burlap table runner was a recent find from Antiques at the Loop. 



To "tweak it" for Thanksgiving, I switched out the burlap runner for this wooden beaded runner.  I got it several years at Target.  


I switched out the napkins and added my Spode Woodland salad plates.  I have a mixture of these: turkeys, quail, deer, and a hunting dog.  I love the rich colors of this pattern.  I also removed my everyday flatware and added my silver, Gorhap Buttercup. 


I added a paisley napkin and also changed the casual gold goblets to clear goblets by Denby.  I suppose I should have added my nicer crystal but I really like the more relaxed look of these glasses.  (Plus, we no longer have a formal dining room so the Waterford is packed up for now.) I do love a formal dining room.  When we have our "forever home", I hope to have a place to enjoy special family gatherings and display my china. 

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss!!  I am off to cheer on my Ole Miss Rebels!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Both looks are so pretty on your table. I really wish I had been smart enough to buy a round dining table. It's just so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always, Lisa! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa