Saturday, September 17, 2011

Refreshing Grape Salad


Just a quick hello today!  Seth and I are off to run our Saturday errands..... Target, CVS and, of course, our weekly trip to Hobby Lobby!  I wanted to share a yummy recipe with you that I made recently.  It is a simple grape salad that is so delicious and refreshing.  I first had it at Seth's end of the season baseball party.  Cheri, one of the other Diamond Jaxx mom's made it for the pool party.  Let me tell you, one bite and I was hooked!!!!  Cheri told me how to make it at the party, but, of course, I didn't have a pencil and paper handy to write it down exactly.  I had a general idea of the ingredients though. When I decided to make it I googled "grape salad" and came up with a lot of hits; however, they all sounded like they made way too much for my small family (two of which are very picky and would never eat grape salad.... picky boys :-).  I played around with it and came up with the following which will make a smaller portion suitable for a smaller group - I didn't want it to go to waste.  Feel free to double if needed. 

Grape Salad

Approximately 1 pound of seedless grapes (I used white grapes, but a mixture would be fine.)
1/2 block of cream cheese , softened
4 ounces of sour cream
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
chopped pecans

Wash and dry grapes completely - it is important the grapes be completely dry or the consistency of the sour cream/cream cheese mixture will be compromised completely messed up. 

Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and the sugar (white only).  Pour this mixture over the grapes and stir well.  Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the coated grapes.  Sprinkle with the chopped pecans.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

You can serve it just like this; however, I like the taste of the brown sugar througout the entire salad so I like to stir the brown sugar and the pecans into the salad prior to serving. 

Enjoy!!! I hope everyone has a super weekend!!  We are certainly loving this cooler weather in south Alabama! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa