Thursday, November 4, 2010

My FIRST Blog!


So, this is my first blog entry and I don’t exactly know where to begin.  I have been toying with the idea of a blog for quite some time.  One of my dearest friends, Lynda, got me hooked on a few blogs sometime during the past year.  I have to admit though, that these blogs intimated me to no end.  It seems that everyone that I read out in “blog land” was incredibly creative, talented in many ways AND somehow had time to do these incredible things (making “onesies” out of old t-shirts to send to needy children in underdeveloped  countries, redoing furniture, creating gourmet meals from scratch) and be a super wife and mother.  Now I do work full time and I really try to make my home a warm, welcoming place to be, but in no way am I as put together as these women whose blogs I read!  I found myself reading these blogs and wanting to be more and more like their creators!! 
Fast forward a few months and I started to seriously consider starting my own blog.  I felt like it would be a wonderful creative outlet.  I don’t know exactly what road this blog will lead me down.  I don’t think that I will ever be one of the bloggers who posts “how-to’s” of how to make wonderfully creative things for the home.  I would love to do that, but I am not sure that is quite "me".   My friend, Suzanne, said that her blog is nothing like what she thought it would be like when she started.  So we will just have to see. 
I do know that I will share about my life as a wife, mother, curriculum director, and Candice Olsen “wannna-be”.  It is a journey filled each day with joy and the usual stresses of being a working mom trying to do it all…… love my family, be the best wife and mother I can be, make my home a beautiful place without breaking the bank, and also excel at my career. 
Thanks for visiting!
Lisa

1 comments:

  1. wow! looks like your an expert in writing blogs. looks like to really love to write.Macomb Home Builder

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa