Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life is Precious

I pulled up one of my very favorite blogs today and the writer had asked for prayer for a family in her area that had just experienced the worst tragedy - a beautiful young mother and her precious 15 month old son had been killed in a car accident earlier this week.  Friends, my heart just broke.  It literally brought me to tears.  I can not even imagine what her sweet husband and her parents are going through right now. 


It was a reminder of how fragile this life is - we are here but for a second.  We are not guaranteed tomorrow.  I know that deep down, but it is not something that I dwell on.  Perhaps I should.  I think we stay so busy going places and doing things  that we forget how truly special life is - it is not something to be taken lightly.   Each and every moment is to be treasured!  Cherish the time spent with your loved ones. Let your family and friends know you love them!!! 

It is also reassuring to know that while this life is but a brief second, as believers we will have eternity in Heaven.  What a blessing!  What a reunion we will have with all our loved ones who will be waiting for us.  What a wonderful day that will be! 

Hold your family close tonight! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa