Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness

It is that time of year: A time to reflect on all the blessings that we have in our life.  I am thankful to God each day, but I will admit that there are time when I get down.  Sometimes I need a reminder of how God has blessed my family.  It never hurts to sit down, have a cup of coffee and simply make a list of the many, many things for which we are thankful!  
1) I am so thankful to be a child of God. 
2) I am thankful that my parents loved me and brought me up in a Christian home where I was shown God’s love at a very early age.
3) I am thankful for every single moment I had with my sweet mother.  I was blessed to call her Mama.
4) I am thankful that I still have my father.  In addition to being an awesome dad, he is the best Papa to Seth, Paige and Spencer.
5) I am thankful for Jon, my amazing husband of eleven years.  He is a fabulous husband and an extraordinary father!
6)  I am thankful that God allowed me to be a mother.  Seth is the most precious gift that I have ever received.
7)  I am thankful that Anita is my sister and best friend.  
8)  I am thankful for Paige and Spencer, my niece and nephew.  They have brought me so much joy over the years.  Being “Sissy” to these two has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life!
9)  I am thankful for my step-sons, Matt and Drew.  They gave me my first glimpse of motherhood.  They are growing up to be awesome young men!
10) I am thankful for my darling in-laws, Lonnie and Mary McCartney.  They welcomed me into their family with open arms! 
11) I am thankful for the strong friendships I have with several dear girls. There is nothing quite like a close group of friends! 
12 I am thankful for a snug, cozy and beautiful house that we call home.  In a world where so many do not have a safe place to live, I know that our home is a beautiful blessing!
13) I am thankful for a large extended family full of grandmothers, aunts, uncles and cousins.
14) I am thankful that I live in America, land of the free and home of the brave! 
15) I am thankful for all of the members of the Armed Forces who protect our country and our freedoms every day!
16) I am thankful for my precious furry babies, Bentley and Clarabel.  Animals give unconditional love and I am so thankful for them. 
17)  I am thankful that my mother taught me how to cook and clean!  I love all things related to homemaking.  That is one of my mother’s gifts to me.  J
18) I am thankful that I am Southern Girl!! 
19)  I am thankful that although I live in Mobile, I work in Small Town America!!  I am so glad that Seth and I go to school and work in such “down to Earth” communities where kindness is a given!
20)  I am thankful that I am blessed with such a great job!  In addition, I am so thankful that both of my “bosses” are wonderful, caring, Christian individuals!!
21) I am thankful for all the years that I taught school.   I have so many precious memories of the children I was fortunate enough to have in my classes through the years.
22) I am thankful for eyes to see and ears to hear J  I am thankful that I am able to walk and run!! I am thankful to the doctors who have worked so hard to keep my Crohn’s under control.  God is so good!!
23)  I am thankful that I was able to lose 26 pounds this past year.  This allowed me to no longer have to take blood pressure medicine! Woo Hoo!
24)  I am thankful for random acts of kindness that happen in the world around us each day.
25) I am thankful that I was brought up in a loving church.  Pearson Baptist was such a huge part of my youth and for that I will always give thanks.  Friendships that were formed there still bring me happiness today!
26) I am thankful for Seth’s silly laugh, and happy smile!  I am thankful that he looks just like his daddy!  His blue eyes just melt my heart!!   I am thankful that he is such a little athlete!!
27)  I am thankful that Seth got his dad’s beautiful singing voice!  I am also thankful for music!  I LOVE to sing and listen to music every day!! Music can always bring a smile to my face!
28)  I am thankful for the gift of reading.  I end each day by reading an assortment of books.  This makes me so happy!  Whether I am reading God’s word, Christian books, or any other books for pleasure, it is always fun to relax at the end of each day with a good book! I am thankful for wonderful Christian writers such as Elizabeth George, James Dobson and Elisabeth Elliot.  I have learned so much through their wonderful Christian example of how to live. 

29)  Iced coffee!  Enough said :-)
30)  Life is a precious gift! I am thankful to be alive each and every day!!
As we anticipate celebrating Thanksgiving, take time to stop and be thankful for life’s many blessing!  What are you most thankful for this year?


1 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I can relate to so much of what you are thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa