from National Geographic
When I first started my blog I talked about finding joy in life's simple blessings. In fact, I wrote a post on this very topic. You can see it here. This past week, however, I let stress at work get to me. I am not proud of that, but it is true! I had a little talk with myself last Friday. Basically, I said, "Lisa, get a grip! Life is too precious to spend one minute of it stressed about things that truly do not matter!" I sat down and thought of little things that bring so much joy to life. These are the things that truly matter - not trivial things that rob us of true happiness! Here are a few more simple blessings that make me happy each day:
- Hearing Seth tell me a silly joke! His latest one was so funny I had him call my sister, my daddy and one of my best friends to tell it to them immediately!
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
- Birthday balloons from my two sweeties
- Playing "Just Dance" with Seth - He is truly a hoot!
- Spending time at the beach, preferably with my sister
- Enjoying a "date night" with Jon
- A phone call from a dear friend
- Watching old movies - especially "Gone With the Wind", Yours, Mine and Ours", "Love Story, and "Pillow Talk". Don't you just love Rock Hudson and Doris Day?
- The smell of steak cooking on the grill
- Seeing stars twinkling in the night sky - what a wonderful testimony of God's handiwork!
- Watching Seth accomplish a task - he just COMPLETELY mastered shoe tying! Woo Hoo!
- Rambling around antique stores hunting for the perfect vintage find
- Puppy breath :-)
- Saturday mornings at Panera Bread with Seth - enjoying a Cinnamon Crunch bagel with my little man is just about the best thing ever!
- Curling up with a good book and a cup of coffee on a rainy afternoon
- The sound of rain on tin roof
- When Seth says "I luz (love) you Mama to the moon and back FIVE TIMES!"
Turning another year older wasn't so bad! My sweeties think I am fabulous!!
Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss,