Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summertime Tablescape


We are out of school here in the deep south and that means it is officially summer! I realize that the calendar may say that summer officially begins around June 23, but its been warm here for quite a while.  I also think everyone agrees that summer truly begins on Memorial Day weekend.  I have been enjoying the holiday weekend by hanging out in the pool, but I did create a simple summer tablescape to share. 

Seth and I went to an antique store on Friday and I picked up a precious milk glass vase and a really old Ball canning jar with the wonderful zinc lid.  I had several of these beauties before Katrina.  I just love how simple and sweet they are when filled with fresh flowers.  I had not bought any since Katrina but I saw these the other day and just had to have one - okay, I really wanted to buy three, but I didn't want to get carried away.  Anyway, here is my simple summer tablescape! I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.   


I started with fresh flowers in a jar as the centerpiece.  It didn't look like
quite right to me (I mean there is simple and then there is ......not enough :-) 
I looked around the house to see what I could come up with to enhance the arrangement.

I added a few pieces from my collection of McCarty and ended up with a simple
 centerpiece of fresh "country" flowers
surrounded by McCarty bunnies and birds.  
Bunnies and birds just say "summer" to me :-)

I have Longaberger Pottery in blue, green, red, yellow, orange and purple. 
For today's tablescape I utilized yellow and blue and just a
bit of red to tie in with the quilted placemats. 
I love the simple basket weave design on the Longaberger plates.

 
This colorful dinnerware is so cheerful!  We use it every day!


Gerber daisies are my favorite flowers ~ they are so simple and pretty! 

As always, thanks for visiting!!

This week I am joining the following:




Whassup Wednesdays at www.elements-interiors.net

Good Life Wednesdays @ http://www.abeachcottage.com/








9 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa...that is a very pretty summer table scape. Love the fresh flowers in a mason jar. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful color combos,, I'm a newbie too,,I love those flowers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your summer table looks great. I too like colourful dishes (mine are Fiesta), so this is right up my alley. Also really like using the vintage mason jars. Reminder of a simpler time.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of summer and blue and yellow is a combination that never lets me down. Very pretty table here. I love the addition of the red in both flowers and under plates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dinnerware is awesome! Out of my reach, ...but awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, definitely a pretty summer table. Love blue and yellow with a touch of red! I, too, like to use my Mason jars for flowers. They are perfect for summer bouquets. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from Good Life Wednesday...Such a festive table! Love your blog design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yellow,red and blue is so pretty and the placemats are wonderful. Gorgeous tablescape with such pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, such a pretty setting. All my favorite colors. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa