Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wall of Pics


One of my favorite blogs, Buzzings of a Queen Bee (http://www.buzzingsofaqueenbee.blogspot.com/), inspired me recently to "reinvent" an arrangement of old family photographs that I had in a small hallway in our home.  I had about five pictures casually arranged, but I felt it lacked something.  Then one day I saw this lay out. Isn't it amazing?   Now, my chosen spot was not nearly as big and dramatic as this, but I liked that it incorporated different items, rather than just pictures.  I bought a small framed mirror but ultimately didn't like it with the frames of the pictures so I placed it in another spot in our home.  I purchased an M (the initial of our last name) at Hobby Lobby.  I was bright gold so I quickly fixed it by spray painting it black.  I still felt like that wasn't quite enough, even though the wall is fairly really small, so I "shopped" in my house and found a silhouette of me from when I was a little girl.  My sister found these after my mom passed away and had them framed for each of us.  That was just the final touch that I needed!   I put it in the middle to anchor the arrangement. The M looked great above the silhouette.  I placed the other pictures on either side to balance out the arrangement.  I love for things to be symetrical!  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  I love having these wonderful old pictures in my home! Thanks to Buzzings of a Queen Bee!!

A closer look :-)


I love this picture of my grandparents with my mom and her siblings. 
My mom is the tiny girl on the far left.  So sweet!

My big sister, Nini, and me - when I was eleven days old. 
One more view..... This is looking into the great room.  To the right is the tiny half bath.  Opposite the "wall-o-pics" is the guest bedroom. 

This week I am linking to the following:

Wow us Wednesdays @ www.savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com

Debbie's Newbie party @ www.debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com

Whassup Wednesdays @ http://www.elements-interiors.net/

Home Sweet Home Party @ http://www.thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Vintage Inspiration Fridays @ http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/

Inspiration Fridays @ http://www.atthepicketfence.com/

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa..I love your gallery wall, the silhouette is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this arrangement! We just repainted and decorated our living room, dining room, hallway and all of my pics are in a box waiting for a great idea (which you've just supplied!). I love the large letter and silouette! Lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gallery wall is beautiful. I remember having one of those silhouettes done when I was younger- my mom had one of each of her children hanging in the hall for years! Now I'm wondering what ever happened to it. Well, I saw this over at Debbydoos and I'm a newbie too...lets follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wall arrangement, especially with the silhouette & letter! What sweet family photos too, love your grandparents in front of the old car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I'm visiting from The Picket Fence and I love your wall collage. I like the way you displayed the silhouette in the center and all the other frames around it. Loved the frames, they have beautiful details. Your baby picture and your grandparents' picture make the display all the more appealing! Happy Mother's Day to you!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa! How neat to have that silhouette! You have taken this nod to history and given it a modern touch with the way it is grouped together and the 'M' above. Great job! Thanks so much for linking up to Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very nice! I love displaying old photos. Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a gallery wall and this looks great. Thanks for joining WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I envy anyone that can do a gallery wall and make it look so good! I am gathering up pictures right now to update mine. I will be using your for inspiration! I am also a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Buttercup Bliss! Your messages mean so much to me! Lisa